In the year 2015, the global organic food and beverages market accounted for $115,984 million, and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 16.4% to reach $327,600 million by 2022. Organic foods are produced by organic farming, which uses natural fertilizers and traditional cultivation methods. The market of organic food noticed a remarkable growth globally in the recent years. Growing concerns toward health, adverse effects due to junk foods, environmental concerns are underlying issues that ignite this to grow. The support of government policies and increase in financial assistance from the private investors are the factors spurring the market to grow.
The change in distribution channel for organic food also fuels the market growth. For instance, major retail stores such as Walmart are arranging separate floor space for the organic foods. The rise in awareness regarding advantages of organic food, increasing income levels, improving standards of living, advent of social media, establishment of exclusive diet centers, invention of new eco-friendly farming techniques, increase in environmental and health concerns push the market to grow. Less shelf life and high price of the organic foods are factors which decelerate the growth of the market. Increase in funds investment and use of online distribution channel are expected to create growth opportunities in the future. For instance, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has estimated, that food processing industry in India has potential to attract a worth of $33 billion by 2026.
The global market is segmented based on the product type and geography. By product type, the market is further bifurcated into organic foods and organic beverages. The organic food segment is divided into organic fruits and vegetables, organic meat, fish & poultry, organic dairy products, organic frozen & processed foods, and other organic foods. The organic beverage segment includes organic nondairy beverages, organic coffee & tea, organic beer & wine, and other organic beverages.
Based on geography, the global organic food and beverages market is segmented as North America (U.S., and Others), Europe (Germany, U.K., France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa)
The key players in the world caps and closures in food and beverage market are:
- Amy’s Kitchen Inc.
- Dean Foods Company
- General Mills Inc.
- Hain Celestial Group, Inc.
- SpartanNash Company
- Starbucks Corporation
- The Kroger Co.
- United Natural Foods, Inc.
- The WhiteWave Foods Co.
- Whole Foods Market Inc.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics in the global organic food and beverages market.
- In-depth analysis of the organic food and beverages market estimations for key segments is conducted.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of organic food and beverages) assists in understanding the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market is provided.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed, which provide a competitive outlook of the market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- The market is segmented on the basis of product type and geography.
MARKET BY PRODUCT TYPE
- Organic Foods
- Organic fruits and vegetables
- Organic meat, fish & poultry
- Organic dairy products
- Organic frozen and processed foods
- Others (Organic baby foods, organic groceries, and so on)
- Organic Beverages
- Organic nondairy beverages
- Organic coffee and tea
- Organic beer and wine
- Other organic beverages
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Others (Canada and Mexico)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East