3D camera in smart phones is an emerging technologies that provide enhanced picture quality and videos to end users. Currently, smart phones are integrated with 3D cameras that can sense movements, while taking pictures and enhance the picture quality. Smartphone 3D camera gains popularity among the young generation due to its attractive features such as real sensing of the object, HD clarity and improved performance. Increase in adoption of smartphone is the key driver for the growth of the smartphone 3D camera market. Whereas, high cost of smartphone 3D camera (a new technology) and limited compatibility restrict the market growth.
The global smart phone 3D camera market is segmented based on technology, resolution, and geography. The technology segment is divided into stereoscopy and time-of-flight. Stereoscopic camera technology offers precision, reliability, and high quality while capturing the exact 3D image of any object. Time-of-flight 3D camera technology can accurately sense the movement of objects, facial expressions and emotions and gives optimum picture clarity even in dim light conditions. The smartphone 3D camera is available in three resolution namely below 8 MP, 8–16 MP and above 16 MP. Megapixel is a unit of graphic resolution of the camera that plays an important role. Picture quality is dependent upon the mega pixels for instance camera with high mega pixel (MP) will have the better picture quality and clarity. The global market is studied across four geographical regions, which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
The key players operating in this market include Toshiba Corporation, Sharp Corporation, Sony Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Infineon Technologies AG, SoftKinetic Systems S.A., PMD Technologies AG, and Pelican Imaging.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the 3D camera smart phone market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with impact analysis
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2015 to 2022 is provided to highlight the financial appetency of the market
- Porter’s Five Forces model analysis and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrate the potency of the buyers and suppliers of the market
- Value chain analysis in the report provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain
- The market is segmented based on technology, resolution, and geography
- Below 8 MP
- 8–16 MP
- Above 16 MP
- North America