The market revenue for diagnostic testing of STDs was valued at $107,024 million in 2015, and is projected to reach $190,010 million by 2022, registering a CAGR of 8.5% over the forecast period. Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are alternatively known as venereal diseases (VDs) or sexually transmitted infections (STIs). A variety of methods have been employed for diagnosis of STDs, which differ, based on the type of disease. Rising incidence of fatal STDs, increasing implementation of service provider-initiated counseling and testing (PICT) and client-initiated counseling and testing (CICT) and development of novel technologies such as microfluidics and rapid diagnostics kits for the test of HIV at home and collectively drive the growth of STD testing market. However, inadequate infrastructure provisions (such as laboratories, equipment, and consumables for the diagnostic tests), lack of trained laboratory personnel in the geographic locations (for example, West African countries) and stigma associated with voluntary testing can be the major restraints for the market. Nevertheless, global initiatives along with development in healthcare infrastructure will provide platform for the market growth.
Based on technology the market is divided into PCR, immunochromatographic capillary flow dipstick technology, flow cytometery, differential light scattering, enzyme linked immunosorbent assay, rapid diagnostic kits, phone chips, microfluidics, and immunochromatographic tests. The global STD diagnostics testing market is segmented based on the technology used for the disease diagnosis. It covers the revenue associated with the devices, consumables, disposables and the service cost involved in performing the procedure. PCR dominated the world STD testing market by technology in 2015 and it is expected to maintain the trend throughout the study period owing to its use as the final confirmatory test in most of the STDs. Based on location of testing, market is segmented into laboratories and point-of-care (POC). Currently, laboratories perform bulk of the tests and would continue to hold larger share of the market, both in terms of volume and revenue. Microfluidics is expected to be the fastest growing segment throughout the study period growing at a CAGR of 34.2% owing to the ease of use, technological advancements, and quick results.
- In-depth within all the technologies that would provide a clear understanding of current and future trends in the continuous glucose monitoring systems market.
- Comprehensive analysis of reimbursement scenario that drive and restrict the growth of the continuous glucose monitoring systems market is provided.
- The report covers detailed quantitative analysis of the current market, and estimations through 2014?2022, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities
- An in-depth analysis of current reimbursement scenario within CGM System market is provided with key market dynamic factors that help in understanding the behaviour of market
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
MARKET BY TESTING DEVICES
- Laboratory Devices:
- Immunochromatographic Capillary Flow Dipstick Technology
- Flow Cytometers
- Differential Light Scattering Machines
- Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
- POC Testing Devices:
- Phone Chips
- Rapid Diagnostic Kits
- Immunochromatographic Tests