"Tobacco Company Profile - Thailand Tobacco Monopoly (TTM)" is an analytical company report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
The Thailand Tobacco Monopoly (TTM) is a state-owned enterprise, controlled by the Ministry of Finance, and is the sole domestic cigarette producer in Thailand. It also controls distribution of cigarettes and other tobacco products in the country. Up until 1990, when the market was first opened to imports, TTM was the only legitimate supplier of cigarettes. Since then, there has been an influx of imported brands. TTM continues to dominate sales, although in recent years higher imports have reduced its overall share. In response, TTM has been aggressively pursuing a policy of brand development and competitive pricing.
- TTM’s total cigarette sales were put at 35.4 billion pieces in 2015, equivalent to a global share of 0.6%
- Its five leading brands were reported to be Krong Thip 90, Wonder American, Wonder Menthol, Falling Rain 90, and Gold City 90.
- Malaysia, Vietnam, Myanmar, and Taiwan were the leading export destinations in 2012, accounting for a combined 83.9% of the total in that year
- Domestic sales are put at 31.2 billion pieces, with overall sales of 34.2 billion pieces in 2015.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.