“Global Bactericide Market in Agriculture projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.6%”
The global bactericide market in agriculture is projected to reach a value of USD 11.88 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2016. The market is driven by factors such as growth in the crop production, ease of application, increase in need for food security for the increasing population, and rise in preference for bactericides. The change in farming practices (from traditional to conventional), clubbed with advanced technologies and promotion by the governments of many countries across the world also drives the demand for bactericides in the agricultural sector. However, factors such as lack of education and awareness among the farmers and rise in instances of environmental toxicology, are restraining the growth of the bactericide market in agriculture.
“Foliar spray segment led the market with the largest share in 2015”
On the basis of mode of application, the bactericide market in agriculture has been segmented into foliar spray, seed treatment, soil treatment, and post-harvest. The market was led by foliar spray followed by soil treatment. Foliar is largely used by farmers because of its high efficiency and ease of use. The market for soil treatment is rapidly growing mainly due to the increasing application of bactericides, other nutrition enhancers, and plant growth regulators to treat with soil for protection against pest attacks in the initial stage of crop production.
“Europe dominated the market with the largest share, Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest-growing region in the market”
Europe formed the largest market for bactericides in 2015, whereas the Asia-Pacific region is projected to be the fastest-growing market during the review period. Owing to the increasing bacterial infestations in crops, observed in Europe region, the European region for bactericides is the largest. The increased availability of agricultural land in countries like India and China, contributes to the growing demand for bactericides in the Asia-Pacific region, thereby marking the region as a fastest growing market in this domain. The global bactericide market in agriculture is segmented region-wise, with a detailed analysis of each region by studying the key markets. These regions include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Rest of the World (RoW).
Breakdown of profile of primary participants is as follows:
- By Company: Tier 1 – 30 %, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 25%
- By Designation: Directors – 22%, C level – 28%, and Manager level – 50%
- By Region: North America – 35%, Europe – 23%, Asia-Pacific – 32%, and RoW – 10%
The bactericide market in agriculture is dominated by BASF SE (Germany), Dow AgroSciences LLC (U.S.), Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd (Japan), and Bayer CropScience AG (Germany). Other players include Syngenta AG (Switzerland) Nippon Soda Co. Ltd. (Japan) and Nufarm Ltd. (Australia).
- This study estimates the global market of bactericides, in terms of dollar value, till 2022, segmented on the basis of type, crop type, form, and mode of application.
- It offers a detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of this market with reference to the competitive landscape, and the preferred development strategies such as agreements, expansions, mergers, and acquisitions to gain a larger share in the market.
- It provides a comprehensive review of major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, winning imperatives, and key issues of the market.
- It covers various important aspects of the market. These include analysis of the value chain, competitive landscape, market dynamics, market estimates in terms of value, and future trends in the bactericide market in agriculture.
Reasons To buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis?industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the bactericide market in agriculture; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on bactericides offered by the top players in the global bactericide market in agriculture.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the bactericide market in agriculture.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets?the report analyzes the markets for bactericide in agriculture across various regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global bactericide market in agriculture.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global bactericide market in agriculture.