The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“MEMS oscillator market expected to grow at a CAGR of 46.08% between 2017 and 2022”
The overall MEMS oscillator market was valued at USD 79.2 million in 2016 and is expected to reach USD 802.8 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 46.08% between 2017 and 2022. The rapid growth of mobile infrastructure, electronic wearables, and Internet of Things; and the rising need for electronic device miniaturization, improved performance, and increased functionality are the factors driving the growth of the MEMS oscillator market. However, high R&D costs and low profit margins act as restraints for the market.
“Market for temperature-compensated MEMS oscillators expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
The increasing adoption of TCMOs, especially for products that require higher accuracy and longer battery life such as wearables, smart energy applications, mobile phones, tablets, and data cards, is expected to drive the market for TCMOs during the forecast period. In addition, TCMOs, with their excellent dynamic performance under stressful environmental conditions, are able to solve the deep-rooted timing problems in telecom and networking.
“Wearables and Internet of Things application accounted for the largest share of the MEMS oscillator market during the forecast period”
The market for the wearables and Internet of Things application is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period, owing to the increasing penetration of MEMS oscillators in wearables and Internet of Things where legacy quartz technology is no longer used due to its technological limitations in size for low-frequency products. Along with this, explosive growth in Internet-connected devices and increasing adoption of wearable technology where MEMS oscillator is a preferred timing component, owing to its inherent advantages such as small size, low power consumption, and high reliability, are expected to drive the MEMS oscillator market.
“MEMS oscillator market in APAC expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. The market in APAC is further subsegmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and Rest of APAC. The increased demand for MEMS oscillators in wearables and Internet of Things and the rapid growth of Internet of Things in APAC are the two crucial factors encouraging the market growth in this region.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with key industry experts. The breakup of the profiles of primary participants has been given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 = 55%, Tier 2 = 20%, Tier 3 = 25%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives = 23%, D-level Executives = 59%, and Others = 18%
- By Geography: Americas = 30%, Europe = 40%, APAC = 20%, and RoW = 10%
The key market players profiled in the report are as follows:
- SiTime Corporation (U.S.)
- Microchip Technology Inc. (U.S.)
- Vectron International, Inc. (U.S.)
- Abracon Holdings, LLC (U.S.)
- Daishhinku Corp. (Japan)
- Ecliptek Corporation (U.S.)
- Jauch Quartz GmbH (Germany)
- IQD Frequency Products Limited (U.K.)
- ILSI America LLC (U.S.)
- Raltron Electronics Corporation (U.S.)
- The market is segmented on the basis of packaging type into surface-mount device package and chip-scale package.
- The market is segmented on the basis of band type into MHz band and kHz band.
- The market is segmented on the basis of general circuitry into simple packaged MEMS oscillator (SPMO), temperature-compensated MEMS oscillator (TCMO), voltage-controlled MEMS oscillator (VCMO), frequency-select MEMS oscillator (FSMO), digital-controlled MEMS oscillator (DCMO), and spread-spectrum MEMS oscillator (SSMO).
- The market is segmented on the basis of application into networking, server, storage, and telecommunications; consumer electronics; industrial; automotive; wearables and Internet of Things; mobile devices; military and aerospace; and others.
- The geographic analysis is done with regard to four major regions, namely, Americas, Europe, APAC, and RoW.
Reasons To buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report is focused on various levels of analysis?industry analysis (industry trends), market ranking analysis of top players, value chain analysis, company profiles, emerging segments and the segments having a high growth potential in the MEMS oscillator market, high-growth regions, and the market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market penetration: Comprehensive information on MEMS oscillator products offered by the top players in the global MEMS oscillator market
- Product development/innovation: Detailed insights regarding R&D activities, emerging technologies, and new product launches in the MEMS oscillator market
- Market development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets, along with the analysis of the MEMS oscillator market across the major regions
- Market diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the overall MEMS oscillator market
- Competitive assessment: In-depth assessment of the market ranking analysis, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the MEMS oscillator market