The particle counters market is projected to reach USD 330.6 million by 2021 from USD 275.9 million in 2016, at a CAGR of 3.7%.
The growing pharmaceutical and semiconductor industries, increasing spending on pharmaceutical R&D, and growth in manufacturing industries in emerging nations are key factors driving the market growth for particle counters. On the other hand, technical limitations of particle counters are expected to restrain the growth of the market to a certain extent.
Based on type, the market is segmented into airborne and liquid particle counters. In 2016, the airborne particle counters segment is expected to command the largest share of the global market. The large share of this segment can be attributed to factors such as increasing cleanroom monitoring in the manufacturing and pharmaceutical industries and growing awareness about indoor air quality monitoring.
On the basis of application, the global particle counters market is segmented into cleanroom monitoring, air quality monitoring, contamination monitoring of liquids, drinking water application, aerosol monitoring and research, chemical contamination monitoring, and other applications. The cleanroom monitoring segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market in 2016. This segment is also projected to register the highest CAGR from 2016 to 2021. The increasing pharmaceutical industry and rising semiconductor industry are expected to augment the demand for particle counters in these applications.
In 2016, North America is expected to account for the largest share of the global particle counters market, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW. The large share of North America can be attributed to the growth of end-use industries for particle counters and increasing use of particle counters in air pollution monitoring. During the forecast period, Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth, mainly due to the growth in manufacturing in India and China, rising pharmaceutical industry in India, and increasing regulation of high-pollution sectors in China.
The market witnesses high competitive intensity, as there are several big and small firms with similar product offerings. These companies adopt various strategies (expansions; product launches; marketing and promotion; agreements, collaborations, contracts, partnerships, and joint ventures; funding; acquisitions; patent grants, website launches, and product enhancement) to increase their market shares and establish a strong foothold in the global particle counters market.
In-depth interviews were conducted with CEOs, Sales and Marketing Directors, other innovation and technology directors, and executives from various key organizations operating in the particle counters market.
- By Company Type: Tier 1: 34%, Tier 2: 38%, Tier 3: 28%
- By Designation: Director-level: 35%, C-level: 31%, Others: 34%
- By Region: North America: 28%, Europe: 31%, APAC: 24%, RoW: 17%
The report includes the study of key players offering particle counters such as Particle Measuring Systems (U.S.), Beckman Coulter (U.K.), RION Co., Ltd (Japan), Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions (U.S.), TSI (U.S.), and Climet Instruments Company (U.S.).
Reasons To Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn helps firms to garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the products and services offered by top players in the particle counters market. The report analyzes the particle counters market by product type, application, and end user.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the particle counters market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the particle counters market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and distribution networks of the leading players in the particle counters market