The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Future of the Moroccan Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2022, published by Strategic Defence Intelligence, provides readers with detailed analysis of both historic and forecast defense industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of industry leading companies, and key news.
- Morocco’s defense expenditure decreased from US$3.8 billion in 2013 to US$3.4 billion in 2017, at a CAGR of -2.80%. The decline in defense spending is primarily attributed to the drop-in exchange rates of Moroccan Dirham’s (MAD) with respect to US dollars. The country consistently imports advanced arms and ammunitions such as fighter and training aircraft, ships, missiles, tanks, and frigates to strengthen its armed forces; a trend expected to continue over the forecast period. The defense budget is expected to increase from US$3.5 billion in 2018 to US$3.9 billion by 2022, reflecting a CAGR of 2.80%. Morocco’s future procurement plan includes warplanes, helicopters, submarines, radar systems, and naval vessels.
- On a cumulative basis, the country is expected to invest US$18.6 billion for defense purposes, of which US$5.7 billion is earmarked for capital expenditure to fund defense procurements. The government’s well-defined military modernization plans to counter influence of Algeria are expected to corner significant part of investment.
- The MoD is expected to invest in fighters and Diesel Electric Submarine, Military-IT and Networking and Anti-Tank Missiles over the coming years.
This report offers detailed analysis of the Moroccan defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- The Moroccan defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the Moroccan defense industry during 2018-2022, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of the Moroccan defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the next 10 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Moroccan defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
Reasons To Buy
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the Moroccan defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of the Moroccan defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts