The global Meat market recorded a -1.3% CAGR in value terms during 2010-2015, due to falling sales in most of the regions. Latin America and Eastern Europe regions were the largest hit due to high inflation and economic uncertainty in these regions. However, projected recovery in the economic condition coupled with rising consumption of Meat worldwide is expected to boost the global sales at a CAGR of 1.8% during 2015-2020. Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest market worldwide, with a value share of 30.9% in 2015, followed by North America with a share of 26.9%. Asia-Pacific also represents the fastest growing market for Meat products with a CAGR of 3.1% during 2010-2015 driven by growing population and rising middle income consumers in the region.
- Rising global population set to boost Meat consumption worldwide
- Stricter regulations and rising health concerns represent key challenges
- In Asia-Pacific, China and Australia are the high potential markets for Meat products
- The global Meat market is highly fragmented with the top five brands holding less than 8% of the combined market share
- Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts and Fresh Meat (Counter) categories have the highest market share for private label products in the global Meat market
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the global Meat market
- Film is the most commonly used packaging closure type in the global Meat market
GlobalData’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Global Meat market provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Meat, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts, Cooked Meats - Counter, Cooked Meats - Packaged, Fresh Meat (Counter), and Frozen Meat with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Tray, Can-Food, Bag/Sachet, Film, and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Meat products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Meat products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market with Case Examples/Success Stories
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion