“Traction transformer market to exhibit moderate growth potential between 2016 and 2022”
The traction transformer market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% between 2016 and 2022 and is likely to be valued at USD 724.2 million by 2022. The key driving factors for the growth of the traction transformer market are the significant government funding for railway infrastructure development, liberalization of rail transport network, and rising concern about carbon emission. However, the major restraining factors for the growth of this market are high cost incurred for the electrification of railway network and dominance of diesel-powered rail engines in certain countries.
“Traction transformer market for electric locomotives expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
The traction transformer market for electric locomotives is expected to grow at a high CAGR between 2016 and 2022. The large installed base for passenger and freight locomotive in Europe and APAC and the lower operating cost of electric locomotives compared to diesel and steam locomotive are the key factors driving the growth of the traction transformer market.
“Underframe mounting to hold the largest share of the overall traction transformer market in 2016”
The underframe mounting is expected to hold the largest share of the global traction transformer market in 2016. The underframe mounting of transformers leads to increased space for passenger capacity and their luggage, increased comfort level of passenger, and increased reliability. The electric locomotives majorly use traction transformers that are installed underframe.
“North America to be the fastest-growing market for traction transformer during the forecast period”
The market for traction transformers in North America is expected to grow at a high rate between 2016 and 2022. The government funding and support for the development and implementation of high-speed trains and metros in the country are driving the growth of the traction transformer market in this region.
The break-up of the profiles of primary participants for the report has been given below.
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 55%, Tier 2 – 30%, and Tier 3 – 15%
- By Designation: C–Level Executives – 65%, Directors– 20%, and Others – 15%
- By Region: North America - 30%, Europe – 35%, APAC – 25%, and RoW – 10%
The key players operating in the traction transformer market include ABB Ltd. (Switzerland), Alstom SA (France), JST Transformateurs (France), Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan), Siemens AG (Germany), Emco Ltd. (India), Hind Rectifiers Ltd. (India), International electric Co. Ltd. (Korea), Setrans Holding AS (France), and Wilson Transformer Company (Australia).
The research report on the global traction transformer market covers different segments?rolling stock, mounting position, overhead line voltage, and geography. The market has been segmented on the basis of rolling stock into electric locomotives, high-speed train, and metro. Based on mounting position, the traction transformer market has been classified into underframe, machine room, and roof. The traction transformer market has been segmented on the basis of overhead line voltage into AC and DC. The report covers the market in four major geographical regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW).
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for the market based rolling stock, mounting position, overhead line voltage, and geography have been provided to give an overall view of the traction transformer market.
- The Porter’s five forces framework has been utilized, along with the value chain analysis, to provide in-depth insight into the traction transformer market.
- The major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges for the traction transformer market have been detailed in this report.
- The report includes a detailed competitive landscape, along with in-depth analysis and revenue of key players.