“Oilseed processing market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.37%”
The oilseed processing market is valued at USD 210.12 billion in 2015, is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.37%, to reach USD 344.37 billion by 2022. The market is primarily driven by factors such as high growth in the livestock sector and increase in consumption of edible oil. Latin America is projected to be the fastest-growing region due to the increase in adoption of biodiesel in countries such as Brazil and Argentina. One of the major restraints in the growth of the oilseed processing market is the price instability due to the seasonal nature of crops.
“Soybean segment led the market with the largest share in 2015”
On the basis of oilseed type, the oilseed processing market was led by the soybean segment, followed by rapeseed and sunflower. Soybean oilseed is increasingly used globally in various applications such as animal feed. Increase in demand for biodiesel derived from soybean feedstock also results in significant growth of the oilseed processed products market
Process segment led the market with the largest share in 2015”
On the basis of process used, the oilseed processing market was led by the chemical segment, followed by mechanical. The chemical process of oilseed processing is increasingly used globally as this process ensures maximum extraction of oil content from the seed with minimal residue in meals.
Industrial segment is projected to be the fastest-growing application market
Biodiesel dominates the industrial oilseeds processing market due to the growth in adoption of the product as a fuel in emerging economies across the globe. This application segment is projected to witness high growth, owing to the high adoption rate in Latin America and Europe.
“Latin America: High growth is expected in the oilseed processing market”
Latin America is projected to be the fastest-growing market for the period considered for this study, due to the increase in adoption of advanced seed technologies by the companies operating in Latin America. Increase in demand for oilseed processed products, especially for industrial application is also expected to fuel the market growth of oilseed processing in the region during the forecast period.
Break-up of Primaries:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35 %, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation: C Level – 35%, Director Level – 25%, and Others – 40%
- By Region: North America – 30%, Europe – 20%, Asia-Pacific – 45%, and RoW – 5%
Leading players profiled in this report:
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.)
- Bunge Limited (U.S.)
- Cargill (U.S.)
- Wilmar International Ltd. (Singapore)
- Richardson International Limited (Canada)
- Louis Dreyfus Company B.V. (Netherlands)
- CHS Inc. (U.S.)
- Ag Processing Inc. (U.S.)
- ITOCHU Corporation (Japan)
- EFKO GROUP (Austria)
The report segments the oilseeds processing market on the basis of oilseed type, process, application, and region. In terms of insights, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses?competitive landscape, end use analysis and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the emerging & high-growth segments of the global oilseed processing market, high-growth regions, countries, government initiatives, drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
Reasons To buy this report:
- To get a comprehensive overview of the oilseed processing market
- To gain wide ranging information about the top players in this industry, their product portfolios, and key strategies adopted by them
- To gain insights about the major countries/regions in which the oilseed processing market is flourishing