Virtual Reality (VR) is about to become mainstream and could surpass US$ 40 Billion market by 2020. Virtual reality involves the creation of a virtual world that interacts with consumers. This virtual world is designed in a way that it appears more realistic to the users, while they can’t differentiate between the real and virtual. The technology giants are making huge investments in the virtual reality market landscape, such as Facebook’s US$ 2 Billion acquisition of Oculus virtual reality (VR) headset. Samsung through innovation with Oculus VR has also produced virtual reality devices for use, along with its top leading smartphones. The major growth driver of virtual reality market includes growing digitization, advancement of technology, increasing demand for head mounted displays in gaming and entertainment industries, and rising investment in virtual reality market among others. However, high cost of devices and lack of technical expertise are the factors among others which are hindering the growth of Virtual Reality Market.
Key Highlights of the Report:
- The VR hardware component accounted for maximum share of the market in 2016.
- The virtual reality market for software components is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecasting period.
- The head-mounted display (HMD) captures maximum share of the virtual reality hardware market.
- The video games application captured largest share of the virtual reality software market.
- The live events application is predicted to capture xx% share of the virtual reality software market by 2020.
- During 2016, the PC segment accounted for the largest revenue share of the global VR content market.
- Mobile devices platform is likely to capture xx% share of the virtual reality market by 2020.
- The big giants like Sony, Facebook, Google, and Samsung dominate virtual reality, with over 50% market share in 2016.
- Microsoft ranks as one of the lowest, with a xx% market share, but this is likely to change in the coming years.
- Samsung’s Gear VR is the biggest product in the smartphone-based VR market today.
iGATE RESEARCH report titled “Global Virtual Reality Market (Hardware and Software) and Forecast to 2020” provides a comprehensive assessment of the fast-evolving, high-growth Virtual Reality Market. This 124 Page report with 41 Figures and 8 Tables has been analyzed from 11 viewpoints:
1. Global Virtual Reality Market and Forecast (2014 - 2020)
2. Global Virtual Reality Market and Forecast - By Component (2014 - 2020)
3. Global Virtual Reality Hardware Market and Forecast - By Segment (2014 - 2020)
4. Global Virtual Reality Software Market and Forecast -By Application (2016 - 2020)
5. Global Virtual Reality Market - Key Company Share (2016)
6. Global Virtual Reality Sales Volume - Key Company Sales (2016)
7. Global Virtual Reality Market and Forecast - By Platform (2016 - 2020)
8. Global Virtual Reality Mergers and Acquisitions
9. Recent Involvement in Virtual Reality by Technology Giants
10. Global Virtual Reality Market - Key Company Profile
11. Global Virtual Reality Market - Growth Drivers and Challenges
Global Virtual Reality Market and Forecast - By Component
Global Virtual Reality Hardware Market and Forecast - By Segment
- Head Mounted Display (HMD)
- Input System
Global Virtual Reality Software Market and Forecast - By Application
1. Video Games
2. Video Entertainment
3. Live Events
9. Real Estate
Global Virtual Reality Market and Forecast - By Platform
Global Virtual Reality Market - Key Company Profile
6. Samsung Electronics
iGATE RESEARCH employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports. This report is built by using data and information sourced from Proprietary Information Database, Primary and Secondary Research Methodologies, and In house analysis by iGATE Research dedicated team of qualified professionals with deep industry experience and expertise.
Primary Research Methodologies: Questionnaires, Surveys, Interviews with Individuals, Small Groups, Telephonic Interview, etc.
Secondary Research Methodologies: Printable and Non-printable sources, Newspaper, Magazine and Journal Content, Government and NGO Statistics, white Papers, Information on the Web, Information from Agencies Such as Industry Bodies, Companies Annual Report, Government Agencies, Libraries and Local Councils and a large number of Paid Databases.