In addition to the market growth analysis, the study highlights the importance of energy efficiency trends in buildings. Energy efficiency is increasingly being recognized as one of the most important and cost-effective solutions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. There is an increased focus on energy efficiency in buildings sector as buildings account for more than 40% of primary energy consumption.
While Singapore and Malaysia will be the biggest markets in terms of revenue, Indonesia and Thailand are expected to be the fastest growing markets. Commercial buildings remain as the leading end-user segment, but the residential segment is picking up momentum in the BEMS market. Cloud-based BEMS will continue to gain more popularity, while real-time BEMS will become a reality by the last year of the study period.
The market trends are analyzed for the study period of 2012 to 2020, with the base year being 2015. This study covers hardware (controllers and gateways) and software (energy optimization software) components of BEMS. The market is also segmented by the use of BEMS in commercial and industrial buildings. Companies mentioned in the BEMS market competitive landscape include Siemens, Honeywell, Schneider Electric, Johnson Controls, ABB, and Trane. In addition to industry challenges and drivers and restraints of the market, this study also highlights key market enablers in specific countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. Market revenues are also analyzed in these Southeast Asian countries.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What is the current market scenario for BEMS in Southeast Asia?
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Who is leading the market and who are the competitors?
- What are the different sales distribution channels that are present in the BEMS market? Are they likely to change in future?
- Which countries in Southeast Asia have the potential to grow during the next five years and what are the regional trends?
- What are the opportunities for growth in this region?