“Factors such as growing concern to optimize operational cost, increase in demand for data storage, and the requirement of efficient power management to minimize the high consumption of energy are anticipated to boost the data center power market during the forecast”
The global data center power market is estimated to grow from USD 13.54 billion in 2016 to USD 21.73 billion by 2021, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 9.92% during the forecast period. The market is driven by factors, such as the need for cost-effective power consumption, reliable & efficient power supply, scalability, rising awareness about increasing operational cost due to rise in power cost among enterprises globally, and reduced cost of ownership. However, enterprises face some hindrance while adopting data center power solutions, such as complexities involved in application interoperability, high initial cost of investment, and rise in adoption of containerized data center.
“Power distribution and measurement segment is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period”
The power distribution and measurement segment is expected to have the highest growth rate due to the rise in growing concern about the increasing cost of energy, which made the enterprises to adopt intelligent Power Distribution Units (iPDU) and measurement solutions to monitor data center power consumption. These benefits increased the unit shipments of power distribution and measurement components by the data center providers globally.
“System integration segment is expected to contribute to the largest market share”
The system integration segment is expected to have the largest market share, owing to its special integration service of data center equipment to achieve high performance infrastructure and data center efficiency. The integration of the overall system is very important for successful business outcomes. There are many companies providing system integration services that provide additional features and functionalities and provide a reliable environment required for the installation of highly efficient power facility in data centers.
“Asia-Pacific projected to grow at the highest CAGR”
North America is expected to hold the largest market share in 2016, while Asia-Pacific (APAC) is the fastest growing region in terms of CAGR. The APAC region witnessed huge investments in the data center power market. The major factors such as rising internet penetration, cloud computing, growing economy, and infrastructure development have attributed to the growth of data center power market in the APAC region.
The break-up profile of the primary participants is given below:
- By company: Tier 1: 33%, Tier 2: 41%, and Tier 3: 26%
- By designation: C-Level: 47%, Director level: 35%, and Others: 18%
- By region: North America: 49%, Europe: 29%, APAC: 17%, and Rest of World (RoW): 5%
Various key data center power providers profiled in the report are as follows:
1. ABB (Zurich, Switzerland)
2. Emerson Electric Company (Missouri, U.S.)
3. Schneider Electric (Rueil-Malmaison Cedex, France)
4. General Electric (New York, U.S.)
5. Eaton (Dublin, Republic of Ireland)
6. Delta Power Solutions(Taipei, Taiwan)
7. Raritan Inc. (New Jersey, U.S.)
8. Rittal GmbH & Co. KG (Illinois, U.S.)
9. Server Technology, Inc. (Nevada, U.S.)
10. Tripp Lite (Illinois, U.S.)
11. CyberPower System (Taipei, Taiwan)
12. Black Box Corporation (Pennsylvania, U.S.)
13. Caterpillar Inc. (California, U.S.)
14. HP Enterprise Company (California, U.S.)
The data center power market has been segmented by solution, service, end-user type, vertical, and region. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been done to provide key insights into their business overview; products & services; key strategies; new product launches; partnerships, agreements, and collaborations; business expansions; and competitive landscape associated with the data center power market.
The report is expected to help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the data center power market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
- This report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report helps stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.