The study features start-ups across the globe, covering North America, Europe, LATAM, Middle East, South Africa, Hong kong, Singapore and India within the identified hot beds. The study highlights importance of Start-ups and how they will complement OEMs, Telematics Service Providers (TSPs), and other value chain partners. It also covers key attributes of start-ups, reasons for investing (2.6x quick ROI, 20-30% reduction in R&D spends, 3-5 years reduction in time to market), modes of funding (OEMs in freight companies - MAN in Fr8, freight brokerage in TSPs - Daimler's partnership with TimoCom, and Otto by Uber), key criteria for choosing a Start-up with examples and case study. Top-20 companies are identified and profiled in detail. Each company profile covers information such as employee count, brief business description, unique service proposition (USP), Key customers, key partnerships, Installed base, distribution of installed base by end-user segment and region, in estimated revenue for 2016, funding received, notable achievements, key reasons for investment, pricing model, package pricing, package description, target industry, and target customer.
Why Connected Truck Market?
1. By 2020, more than 35 million of trucks globally will be connected.
2. Nearly 40% of fleet managers feel connected trucks are a “must have”.
3. With smart roads and smart cities, smart trucks will be a necessity.
4. High value proposition for all ecosystem partners.
5. Future trucks allow the user to easily pay for fuel, toll, parking, infotainment, and many more in real time.
Key questions this study will answer:
1. What are the key criteria that venture capitalists and potential investors look into while investing in start-ups? Why do they attract more investments compared to established organizations?
2. What are the key markets for start-ups to venture into and what is the current revenue potential of those markets?
3. Who are the key participants and what are their unique service propositions?
4. How have the shortlisted companies performed so far in terms of the technology, installed base, business models, and partnerships to attract investors?
5. What are the 5 major growth opportunities for stakeholders in the Connected Truck market?