“Growing need for cost effective data center cooling solutions is one of the drivers driving the data center cooling market”
The global data center cooling size is estimated to grow from USD 7.12 billion in 2016 to USD 14.28 billion by 2021, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 14.95%. Data center cooling systems are able to provide rapid cooling with lower associated costs. Data center cooling solution make use of air and liquid cooling for providing advanced and efficient solutions & service further driving the growth in this market. Data center cooling solutions require large amounts of supporting infrastructure to house the cooling and associated power modules, which may hinder users from adopting these solutions.
“Air conditioning solutions segment accounts for the largest market share during the forecast period”
The air conditioning solution is estimated to hold the largest market share during the forecast period. Air conditioning solutions are in demand and are expected to grow at a high CAGR and continue to hold a larger market share in the future, as they provide advanced cooling for precision cooling in high density data centers that further helps in reducing the total energy consumption.
“The installation and deployment services segment is expected to gain traction during the forecast period”
The data center cooling service market includes consulting, installation & deployment, and maintenance & support services, in which the installation and deployment service market holds the largest market share during the forecast period. Installation and deployment services facilitate assembling, installation, retrofitting, and deployment of the various data center cooling solutions for data centers, which is further driving the market.
“Asia-Pacific (APAC) is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
North America has captured the largest market share in 2016 and the trend is expected to continue in the coming years. This region is an early adopter of this technology and has witnessed rapid adoption due to the availability of comprehensive solutions. On the other hand, the market in APAC is expected to witness exponential growth and is projected to be the fastest-growing region for the global data center cooling market. This is mainly attributed to the growing requirement of green data center solutions that are cost effective and can be scaled and customized according to user requirements.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people. The break-up of profiles of primary participants is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1: 40%, Tier 2: 40%, and Tier 3: 20%
- By Designation: C level: 40%, Director level: 40%, and Others: 20%
- By Region: North America: 40%, Europe: 20%, APAC: 40%,
The various key vendors profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Schneider Electric SE (France)
2. Black Box Corporation (U.S.)
3. Nortek Air Solutions, LLC (U.S.)
4. Airedale International Air Conditioning Ltd. (U.K.)
5. Rittal GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
6. STULZ GmbH (Germany)
7. Vertiv Co. (U.S.)
8. Asetek (Denmark)
9. AdaptivCOOL (U.S.)
10. Coolcentric (U.S.)
The total data center cooling market contains solutions and services. The solutions segment includes air conditioning, chilling units, cooling towers, economizer systems, liquid cooling systems, control systems, and others. The services segment includes consulting, installation & deployment, and maintenance & support services. The market is also segmented on the basis of types of cooling which includes room-based cooling and row/rack-based cooling. Further, the market is segmented on the basis of data center types which includes mid-sized data centers, enterprise data centers, and large data centers. Moreover, the market is also segmented on various industries that include BFSI, IT & telecom, research & academic, government & defense, retail, energy, manufacturing, healthcare and others (media & entertainment and transportation & logistics). The entire market is segmented based on five major global regions such as North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and Latin America.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the data center cooling comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and subsegments across different industries and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitor and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes new product launches, partnerships, agreements & collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and expansions.