"Tobacco Company Profile - GTF Neman", is an analytical company report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
The Grodno Tobacco Factory was established in 1861, became a public limited company in 1907 and took its current name Grodno Tobacco Factory Neman (GTF Neman) in 2000. The company was transformed into a joint stock company in December 2007 and is currently the largest cigarette manufacturer in Belarus. It is a state owned and controlled by Belgospischeprom, the state food industry holding organization and celebrated its 155th Anniversary in 2016. Neman saw its overall sales rise dramatically between 2010 and 2012, however, not all its stated domestic sales in 2012 and 2013 were actually sold in Belarus, as they are supplied to wholesalers, with cigarettes subsequently smuggled to Russia amounting to more than 2.2 billion pieces which reduced the company’s domestic sales. The company’s own brands dominate its domestic market with a 58.0% share in 2013. Its domestic share rose slightly in 2014, but was down in 2015, before recovering in 2016.
- GTF Neman currently produces around 79% of national cigarette production in Belarus.
- In the past the focus had been on meeting domestic demand, but the company began exporting its products following the government’s decision to ease export restrictions.
- GTF Neman is also engaged in contract manufacturing for multinational players, in particular BAT, as well as developing sales of its own brands and building its export business where it appears to have made very good progress until its international business peaked in 2014 and dropped back sharply in 2015.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.