The report on ‘Blockchain Technology Landscape Analysis’ is a meticulous study of the construct of the blockchain ecosystem, industry stakeholders, emerging opportunities and challenges to implementing them. After a thorough analysis of the current trends, the market dynamic chapter includes the key push and pull forces that are expected to influence the deployment of the technology in the next ten years. Owing to the dependency of the market growth on the legal and regulatory framework, government initiatives and the role of start-ups, financial monoliths and consortiums, the anticipated value to be added over blockchain from different industries from 2015 to 2025 is calculated.
A blockchain is a distributed database, based on the Bitcoin protocolthat records and maintains a list of allthe transactions taking place in real time. Blockchain offers users a host of advantages in comparison to legacy systems that are being used currently. Some of these benefits include but are not limited to elimination of third party intermediaries, creation of transparency, streamlining of due processes, protection from malicious attacks and internal and external cost savings. Consequentially, a multitude of companies across industry verticals are investing heavily to develop feasible applications of the technology as blockchain presents the opportunity of transforming the way business transactions are done presently.
The report involves a mix of companies chosen on the basis of their research and development on blockchain and implementation of successful blockchain applications. The companies profiled in the report include Citibank, R3CEV, Factom, Colu, Nasdaq, Coinbase and Circle among others.
Key Questions answered in the report:
- Which factors will be driving the adoption of the technology through the forecast period?
- What factors are currently challenging the development and implementation of blockchain technology?
- How are the consortiums such as R3 and PTDL participating in endorsing the technology?
- What are the currently identified use cases of blockchain?
- What are the industry sectors which can be disrupted through the use of blockchain and how?
- How will the adoption of blockchain change in next ten years?
- Who are the key players involved in investing in, developing or leveraging blockchain?