The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Canadean’s Travel and Tourism Industry Business Outlook and Procurement Report examines executives’ opinion on the business outlook and procurement activities during November 2016-April 2017. Organizations can know about key business priorities, supplier price variations, changes in capital expenditure, mergers and acquisitions within the global travel and tourism industry, and organizations perspective towards e-procurement.
- China, India, and Russia will offer the most growth prospects for the travel and tourism industry over the next six months
- The highest percentage of respondents expect the US to provide significant growth opportunities during November 2016-April 2017
- Market uncertainty and rising competition are major challenges for organizations within the travel and tourism industry in November 2016-April 2017
- Organizations within the travel and tourism industry will increase their use of technology and focus on internal operating cost reductions in November 2016-April 2017
- Procurement activities on IT services will increase over the next six months
Mergers and acquisitions are expected to increase within the travel and tourism industry over the next six months (November 2016-April 2017) due to the global expansion of business, a need to secure market shares, especially in emerging destinations, the desire to maximize resources through investments, and the want to build immediate brand recognition. Market uncertainty and rising competition are major challenges for organizations within the travel and tourism industry during November 2016-April 2017. However, respondents are willing to increase their focus on improving operational efficiency and expansion in current markets. Furthermore, developing economies such as China and India are projected to offer significant growth opportunities for the global travel and tourism industry, due to the construction of new hotels and increasing disposable income in the respective countries. On average, global travel and tourism industries procurement expenditure is projected to increase by 5.6% over the next six months.
Reasons To Buy
- Highlights key business priorities (including comparisons over the last six months) thus helping travel and tourism companies to realign business strategy
- Organizations can develop or adjust business expansion plans by knowing the significant growth offering emerging and developed markets highlighted in the report
- Make changes in procurement budget allocations through procurement budget projections anticipated by executives for November 2016-April 2017
- Implement effective price management strategy by viewing supplier price variations highlighted for next six months