The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
VST is the third-largest cigarette manufacturer in India and a longstanding associate of British American Tobacco (BAT), which has a 32.2% stake in the company. VST currently holds just over 8% of the of the Indian cigarette market and has 0.13% of the global cigarette market, with volume sales of 7.3 billion cigarettes in 2015/16. VST was incorporated in 1930 in Hyderabad as Vazir Sultan Tobacco Co, but changed its name in 1983 to VST Industries Ltd. The company is based at Azamabad in Hyderabad, Telangana in India. The company had suffered from a decline in overall market share brought about largely by intensifying competition, as well as disproportionate increases in excise duty in the non-premium segments of the market in which it principally operates.
- The company is 32.3% owned by British American Tobacco (BAT).
- VST’s cigarette business contributes 86.8% of the company’s turnover with Unmanufactured (Leaf) Tobacco forming the balance.
- Cigarette exports have been of little significance to VST to date and the domestic market remains the focus of its operations.
- The company’s export activity is currently focused entirely on leaf exports.
- VST now derives 98% of its sales from the filter cigarette market.
Tobacco Company Profile - VST Industries is an analytical company report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
Reasons To Buy
Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.