On-trade sales are forecast to register higher growth than Off-trade sales in the Greek Ice Cream market during 2015-2020. Artisanal Ice Cream is the leading value category, while ’Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream’ category leads the market in volume terms. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel, while Boss and Magnum are the leading players in the Greek Ice Cream market. Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the market.
The Ice Cream market in Greece is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% in US$ terms during 2015-2020
The ’Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream’ category has the highest volume share in the overall Ice Cream market
The ’Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream’ category accounts for the highest Off-trade volume consumption, while Artisanal Ice Cream leads in On-trade consumption terms
The Artisanal Ice Cream category is expected to gain market share during 2015-2020
Hypermarkets and Supermarkets channel accounts for 54.7% share in distribution of products in the ’Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve’ category
Boss is the leading brand in the ’Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve’ category in Greece
Prize Off is the commonly used closure type in the Greek Ice Cream market
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Ice Cream market in Greece provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Artisanal Ice Cream, Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve, and Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands during 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists, On-trade and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper and Board and Rigid Plastics; container data for: Bag/Sachet,Tub and Box
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning