RSA Group is one of the oldest and largest commercial insurers in the world. RSA has divided its portfolio into three core regions: the UK and Ireland, Canada, and Scandinavia. RSA caters to a wide range of businesses, from SMEs to large UK-domiciled multinational companies. With its specialist expertise RSA supports companies in the marine and construction sectors, among others. RSA competes in the personal lines segment, primarily using its More Th>n brand. It also has its online-only car insurance provider, RSA echoice.
Personal lines accounted for 47.3% of RSA’s GWP in 2015. Within the personal lines market, it is the sixth largest insurer with a 4.7% share.
Commercial motor insurance accounted for 47.6% of RSA’s commercial lines GWP in 2015. RSA led the commercial motor insurance market with a 16.7% share, followed by Aviva and Allianz with respective market shares of 11.9% and 10.0%.
This profile provides a comprehensive review of RSA, including its structure, its performance in both the commercial and personal lines markets, as well as its marketing and distribution strategy.
Key questions answered include:
- What are RSA’s brands within the group?
- What are RSA’s strengths and weaknesses?
- What opportunities and challenges does the company face going forward?
Reasons To Buy
- Learn about RSA’s organizational structure and its core business segments.
- Gain insight into RSA’s underwriting and distribution strategy.
- Understand the group’s advertising strategy.