The telco sector is the epicenter of growth for virtually every industry across the globe, making telco/service providers continuously look for innovative solutions to gain a competitive edge and retain customers. The survey shows that telco/service providers are planning to increase their ICT investments in 2016, compared to 2015, due to the disruptive technologies such as IoT, voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi), and voice over long term evolution (VoLTE).
- The telecom industry is striving to remain competitive by adopting the latest and upcoming developments in telecommunications, and modifying products and services to meet the demands of users.
- Pertaining to investments in the core areas of ICT expenditure, including hardware, software, and IT services, the survey reveals that respondents are increasing their investments in network and communications equipment, servers, and security.
- Fierce competition within the telecoms industry and the increased use of wireless technology are driving telcos to explore and invest in emerging technologies such as SDN (software defined networks), cloud computing, internet of things (IoT), virtualization, and data centers, among others.
This report presents the findings from a survey of 157 telco/service providers regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how telco/service providers currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting. The report illustrates the core technologies that banks are investing in, including business intelligence, IoT, green IT and virtualization and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by telco/service providers. Through Kable’s survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to telco/service providers. The report focuses on telco/service providers’ ICT expenditure trends for specific technology areas and technologies, identifying the top three IT projects, and understanding the business challenges faced by organizations.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2016 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions telco/service providers are interested in outsourcing
- Telco/service providers’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as business intelligence, Iot, green IT and virtualization, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing telco/service providers’ investments in each technology category
- How telco/service providers’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Telco/service providers’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into telco/service providers’ preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that telco/service providers are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing telco/service providers’ decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how telco/service providers’ ICT landscape is set to change in 2016 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by telco/service providers in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of telco/service providers
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (business intelligence, IoT, green IT and virtualization, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing telco/service providers’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that telco/service providers are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies