The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"Tobacco Company Profile - Landewyck Group", is an analytical company report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
The Landewyck Group is an independent cigarette and smoking tobacco manufacturer based in Luxembourg, with subsidiaries in Germany, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, and Hungary. The company manufactures and markets a range of its own cigarette brands, the most well-known of which are Elixyr, Ducal, and Austin, but its portfolio also includes Afri, Africaine, Bentley, Che, Lexington, Maya, and Maryland. The company also contract-manufactures for other companies and is a significant supplier of private label cigarettes. Although BAT still holds a 25% stake in the company, which it gained through the merger with Rothmans International in 1999, it is understood to take no active part in the management of the company, which remains independent.
- R?na Kft, now R?na Tobacco Manufacturing Ltd, was acquired by Heintz van Landewyck in October 1993 in partnership with a Hungarian investor. As a former state-controlled manufacturer, R?na specialized as a manufacturer of smoking tobacco in the Hungarian market. Since 1995, it has also distributed smoking accessories.
- A Dutch smoking tobacco company, Biggelaar Tabak BV, was acquired in 2001 and is now Landewyck Tabak Holland. Biggelaar specialized in smoking tobacco, notably Dutch-style Zware and Halfzware RYO and MYO tobacco, and had a factory at Roosendaal. Landewyck still operates the factory at Roosendaal and now distributes all group products in the Netherlands.
- The group reported a EUR 2.9 billion in 2012.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.