The objectives of this study are:
- Provide a strategic overview of the 48v market which includes need for 48v and market overview for 48v
- Provide 48v market size and forecasts in key regions from 2015 to 2025
- Provide key challenges to be overcome before the launch of 48v power-net
- Analyse best-case practices within the 48v market
The study will answer several key questions:
- Which of present day chassis, powertrain, and comfort applications would be incorporated as first-wave and second-wave technologies for 48v?
- Is 48v a better cost-efficient system compared to PHEVs to realize 2020 and 2025 emission and fuel consumption norms?
- Despite being the largest EV market, will China be a major region in Asia for the 48v system because of stringent fuel consumption norms for 2020 and beyond?
- Will 48v see any takers from the American, Japanese, or Korean OEMs that themselves need to adhere to the upcoming stringent emission and fuel consumption norms in different parts of the world?
- Which Tier-I suppliers have a better product portfolio to enable migration to 48v and the interest levels from Tier-II suppliers?
This study investigates the current and future market for 48v power-net in the passenger vehicle market including adoption challenges. The study period is 2015 to 2025, while the forecast period is 2015 to 2025.