The Bulgarian insurance industry is supervised and regulated by the Financial Supervision Commission (FSC), established in March 2003. It is an institution that is independent from the parliament and reports to the National Assembly of Bulgaria. It is a specialized government body for the regulation and control of different segments of the financial system, including the insurance industry. In addition, the Bulgarian insurance industry follows standard market practices set by the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS).
The report "Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Bulgarian Insurance Industry", report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Bulgaria. It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Bulgaria, including -
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Bulgaria.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Bulgaria.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- Details of the insurance regulatory framework in Bulgaria.
- Rules and Regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- Key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Rules and Regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- Taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Bulgaria.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Bulgarian insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.