Growing need for efficient server solutions for high density facilities is one of the factors driving the data center rack server market
The global data center rack server market size is estimated to grow from USD 36.47 billion in 2016 to USD 90.56 billion by 2021, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 19.95%. There is an increasing need for rack server solutions that can be effectively set up for high density data centers. This requires the adoption of rack server solutions that are both scalable and economical to operate acting as one of the drivers for the data center rack server market. These rack server solutions require supportive infrastructure such as individual power and cooling infrastructure for every component. This incurs additional investments which may hinder end users to adopt these solutions.
2U form factor rack server solutions market accounts for the largest market share during the forecast period
The 2U form factor rack server solutions are estimated to grow with the largest market share during the forecast period. 2U rack server solutions can be easily adopted by small and mid-sized organization which further contributes to the growth of this market.
The installation and deployment services market is expected to gain traction during the forecast period
The data center rack server services market includes design & consulting, installation & deployment, and support & maintenance services, in which the installation and deployment services market holds the largest market share during the forecast period. Installation and deployment services facilitate assembling, installation, retrofitting, and deployment of the rack server solutions for data centers which is further driving the market.
APAC is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period
North America has captured the largest market share in 2016 and the trend is expected to continue in the coming years. This region is growing owing to the presence of large number of data centers and has witnessed rapid adoption due to the availability of comprehensive solutions. On the other hand, APAC’s data center rack server solutions are expected to witness exponential growth and projected to be the fastest-growing region for the global data center rack server. This is mainly attributed to the growing requirement of data centers that can be scaled according to increasing demand.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people. The break-up of profiles of primary participants is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1: 25%, Tier 2: 25%, and Tier 3: 50%
- By Designation: C level: 50%, Director level: 25%, and Others: 25%
- By Region: North America: 50%, Europe: 25%, APAC: 25%,
The various key vendors profiled in the report are as follows:
1. HPE (U.S.)
2. Oracle Corporation (U.S.)
3. Lenovo Group Ltd. (U.S.),
4. Dell, Inc. (U.S.)
5. Cisco Systems, Inc. (U.S.)
6. Fujitsu Ltd. (Japan)
7. Huawei Technologies Co. (China)
8. NEC Corporation (China)
9. Quanta Computer, Inc. (Taiwan)
10. Iron Systems, Inc. (U.S.)
The total data center rack server market contains rack server solutions and services. The rack server solutions market is segmented on the basis of form factor that include 1U, 2U, 4U, and others. The services market includes design & consulting, installation & deployment, and support & maintenance services. The market is segmented on the basis of tier type which includes tier 1, tier 2, tier 3, and tier 4. Further, the market is segmented on the basis of data center type which includes mid-sized data centers, enterprise data centers, and large data centers. Moreover, the market is also segmented on various industries that include BFSI, IT & telecom, government & defense, healthcare, research & academic, retail, energy, manufacturing, and others (media & entertainment and transportation & logistics). The entire market is segmented based on five major global regions such as North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and Latin America.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the data center rack server comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and subsegments across different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitor and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes new product launches, partnerships, agreements & collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and expansions.