Microwave Transmission Equipment Market by Network Technology (Hybrid, Packet Microwave, Small Cell), Component (IDU, ODU), Frequency Band, Mounting Type (Full Indoor, Split Mount, Full Outdoor), Application, and Geography – Global Forecast to 2022
“Use of cellular network for various applications expected to drive the microwave transmission equipment market during the forecast period”
The microwave transmission equipment market is expected to grow from USD 5.07 billion in 2016 to reach USD 6.18 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 3.38% during the forecast period. Increasing cellular communication is generating demand for microwave transmission equipment for both consumer and industrial applications. The increasing adoption of smartphones, emergence of social networks and digital broadcasting of TV programs, and the rising need for high-speed cellular connectivity worldwide are the leading factors for the increase in deployment of microwave transmission equipment.
“Microwave transmission equipment market for small-cell backhaul technology expected to grow at a high rate during the forecast period”
Small-cell backhaul is an emerging technology in the microwave transmission equipment market. It increases the data transmission capacity of cellular networks and expands their coverage, thereby providing superior wireless communication and making better use of the allocated spectrum. Further development is expected in this technology before it is widely adopted for 5G data transmission standard.
“Broadband communication applications is expected to be the fastest-growing application in the microwave transmission equipment market during the forecast period”
The microwave transmission equipment market for broadband communication is expected to grow at a high rate between 2016 and 2022. Broadband communication can be deployed in short time using microwave technologies for facilitating connectivity in events and concerts, remote or disaster-affected locations, and in other emergency situations where connectivity needs to be established on short notice.
“APAC to be the fastest-growing market for microwave transmission equipment during the forecast period”
The market in APAC is expected to grow at a highest rate between 2016 and 2022. The demand for microwave transmission equipment is largely driven by the increased need for higher bandwidth data from a large number of smartphone users in this region, particularly in China and India. These two countries are among the largest adopters of smartphones, and the consumption of mobile data is also significantly high in these nations.
Break-up of the profiles of primary participants for the report is given below.
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 18%, Tier 2 – 31%, and Tier 3 – 51%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives –40%, Directors – 26%, Managers – 34%
- By Region: North America - 51%, Europe – 32%, APAC – 12%, RoW – 5%
The report also profiles the key players in this market, which include LM Ericsson Telefon AB (Sweden), Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (China), Alcatel-Lucent S.A. (France), NEC Corp. (Japan), Aviat Networks (U.S.), Intracom Telecom (Greece), Ceragon Networks (Israel), DragonWave Inc. (Canada), and Anritsu (Japan), among others.
This research report categorizes the global power over microwave transmission equipment market on the basis of network technology, component, frequency band, mounting type, application, and geography. The report also provides the Porter’s five forces analysis, along with the description of each of its forces and their respective impact on the market. It also describes the major drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities pertaining to the market and includes value chain analysis and market ranking analysis.
Reasons To Buy the Report:
- The Porter’s five forces framework has been used, along with the value chain analysis, to provide an in-depth insight into the microwave transmission equipment market.
- The report would help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with the information on key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for market growth.
- Illustrative segmentation, analyses, and forecast have been conducted based on the network technology, component, frequency band, mounting type, application, and geography to give an overall view of the microwave transmission equipment market.
- The detailed competitive landscape includes key players, in-depth analysis, and revenue of key players.