The prefilled syringes market is expected to reach USD 6.36 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 10.1% from 2016 to 2021.
The growth of the overall prefilled syringes market is driven by factors such as increasing technological advancements in prefilled syringes, high prevalence of chronic diseases, rising adoption of self-injection devices, and implementation of needlestick legislations. In addition, growing initiatives undertaken by leading market players to establish production facilities in both mature and developing markets are further adding to the growth prospects of this market. On the other hand, the low market presence of prefilled syringes with integrated safety features and product recalls are the major factors limiting the growth of this market. Furthermore, availability of cheaper alternatives and challenges associated with the manufacturing of prefilled syringes are the key challenges faced by companies in the global prefilled syringes market.
In this report, the prefilled syringes market has been segmented on the basis of material (glass prefilled syringes and plastic prefilled syringes), type (conventional prefilled syringes and safety prefilled syringes), design (single-chamber prefilled syringes, dual-chamber prefilled syringes, and customized prefilled syringes) and region [North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, the U.K., France, and RoE), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, and RoAPAC), and Rest of the World].
Geographically, Europe is expected to command the largest share of the prefilled syringes market in 2016, followed by North America. A number of factors such as the increasing technological advancements in prefilled syringes, high prevalence of chronic diseases, rising adoption of self-injection devices, and implementation of needlestick legislations are driving the market growth in Europe.
The prefilled syringes market is highly competitive including large, medium-sized, and small companies. In 2015, the prefilled syringes market was dominated by Gerresheimer AG (Germany), SCHOTT AG (Germany), and Becton, Dickinson and Company (U.S.). Expansions, partnerships, and acquisitions were the major strategies adopted by most market players between 2013 and 2016 to achieve growth in the prefilled syringes market.
The report defines, describes, and forecast the global prefilled syringes market on the basis of type, design, material, and region. It provides detailed information regarding the major factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges). Furthermore, the study profiles the key players in the prefilled syringes market and comprehensively analyzes their market shares and core competencies. It strategically analyzes the micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and contributions to the total market.
Reasons To Buy the report:
From an insights perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis?industry trends, market share analysis of top ten players, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the prefilled syringes market, and high-growth regions and their respective drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms in garnering greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios and services offered by the major players in the prefilled syringes market. The report analyzes the prefilled syringes market based on material, type, design, and region
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the prefilled syringes market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various prefilled syringe products across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products and services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the prefilled syringes market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products and services, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the prefilled syringes market