The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Hiscox is a niche specialist insurer with a major UK focus on high net worth (HNW) customers and the micro enterprise segment. The majority of its UK book covers liability insurance, where it specializes in a range of products such as professional indemnity. Its presence in the HNW market also means it caters for the needs of these clients, providing cover such as fine art and classic cars.
- Total liability accounts for 78.4% of Hiscox’s commercial GWP. Within the total liability market, it is the 11th largest insurer and has a 2.7% share. Hiscox reported GWP growth of 9.6% in 2015.
- Hiscox Retail distributes its business through broker, partner, and direct channels.
- Hiscox Europe underwrites fine art, classic cars, high-value household, errors and omissions, directors and officers liability, specialty commercial, technology/media, kidnap and ransom, and terrorism.
Verdict Financial’s “Insurance Competitor Profile: Hiscox 2016” is one of a series of profiles providing a high level look into an insurer’s structure, strategy, and performance as well as highlighting any activity during the last year.
Reasons To Buy
- Benchmark yourself against other players in the market.
- Learn about Allianz’s organizational structure and its core business segments.
- Gain insight into the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats Allianz faces going forward.
- Understand the group’s strategy.