The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Digital technology has transformed society; for better or worse, the kitchen has been left out of this technological revolution. The kitchen and the appliances that make it work are largely analog in a world that has gone digital. The kitchen of the future, however, is likely to include appliances that talk to each other, suggest meal planning, help manage food inventory, track food consumption, and make life easier.
- Kitchen appliance manufacturers are concluding that the "operating system" of the kitchen should be written by technology companies, not themselves.
- A common kitchen "operating system" may be the much needed first step in establishing common standards for "smart" appliances.
- Smart kitchen devices like digital sous vide cookers promise to bring chef-level results home, elevating the concept of "cloud cooking."
- The smart kitchen extends to dinnerware that can track food consumption, encourage mindful eating, and open up a new front in the war on obesity.
- Smart kitchen appliances may soon integrate with social media applications. Imagine an oven equipped with a camera that can share cooking updates on social media.
"ForeSights: Smart Kitchens" examines the role of technology in the kitchen by reviewing how companies are adding digital technology to ovens, refrigerators, cooking utensils, dinnerware, and more. This report examines the present state of the smart kitchen, looks at potential future developments, and outlines some of the opportunities and pitfalls of the smart kitchen.
This report was compiled using Canadean’s ForeSights methodology, which aims to identify new concepts that could influence the market in fast-moving consumer goods.
Your key questions answered:
- How can the smart kitchen help reduce dinnertime stress and fight obesity?
- What smart cooking appliance is believed to have the most significant "game-changing" potential since the microwave oven?
- Smart kitchen appliances can amplify the consumer experience with packaged products. How is this currently happening in the beverage industry?
- The smart kitchen has the potential to track your food purchases and consumption. What privacy issues are consumers most worried about?
- Is the smart kitchen something that is only within the reach of the wealthiest consumers?
Reasons To Buy
- Consider emerging opportunities and threats in the fast-moving consumer goods market and gain insight into potential future consumer behavior.
- Identify interesting new and emerging concepts, products, and ideas on offer in retail, foodservice, online spaces, and beyond.
- Understand how new concepts and ideas fit into - or challenge - current consumer trends.
- Gain insight and inspiration for innovation programs and new product development.