“High pressure processing equipment market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 11.26%”
The high pressure processing equipment market, estimated at USD 238.9 million in 2015, is projected to grow at a CAGR of 11.26%, to reach USD 500.3 million by 2022. The market is primarily driven by factors such as increased production use of different sizes of vessels, widening applicability of high pressure processing equipment, and increased expenditure in R&D by manufacturers. The primary restraining factor for this market is the high cost of installation and maintenance of the equipment, which is unaffordable to many food manufacturers. The high growth potential in the North America region and untapped regions of Asia-Pacific provides new growth opportunities for the market players.
“Horizontal orientation type led the market with the largest share in 2015”
On the basis of orientation type, the high pressure processing equipment market was led by the horizontal segment followed by vertical. Horizontal equipment is being increasingly used globally, due to its easier loading and unloading options as compared to those of vertical equipment. The use of this equipment differs in accordance with the product requirements.
“The 100 to 250L vessel volume type led the market with the largest share in 2015”
On the basis of vessel volume type, the 100 to 250L segment led the high pressure processing equipment market. Equipment of this category is being increasingly used by small and medium enterprises for processing packaged meat products. The less than 100L category is estimated to be the fastest growing as it is easier to maintain and requires lesser manpower.
“North America: High growth expected in the high pressure processing equipment market”
North America is projected to be the fastest-growing market for the period considered for this study, due to the high adoption rate of new processing technologies. The U.S. and Canada are expected to lead the market for high pressure processing equipment in the North American region for the next six years, as a result of the installation of such equipment by food manufacturers to cater to the needs of customers for fresh products. The U.S. high pressure processing equipment market is expected to be the fastest growing market in the review period, owing to the establishment of a large number of toll processors to cater to the requirements of small scale food manufacturers.
Break-up of Primaries:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35 %, Tier 45%, and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation: C level – 35%, Director level – 25%, and Others – 40%
- By Region: North America - 30%, Europe – 20%, Asia-Pacific – 45%, and RoW – 5%
Leading players profiled in this report:
- Avure Technologies Inc. (U.S.)
- Bao Tou KeFa High Pressure Technology Co., Ltd. (China)
- CHIC FresherTech (China)
- Hiperbaric Espana (Spain)
- Kobe Steel Ltd. (Japan)
- Multivac Sepp Haggenmuller SE & Co. KG (Germany)
- Stansted Fluid Power Ltd (U.K.)
- Universal Pasteurization Co. (U.S.)
- Next HPP (U.S.)
- ThyssenKrupp AG (Germany).
The market for high pressure processing equipment has been segmented on the basis of orientation type, vessel volume, application and end user category. On the basis of orientation type, the market has been segmented into horizontal and vertical category of equipment. The vessel volume segment includes categories such as less than 100L, 100 to 250L, 250 to 500L, and more than 500L. The application segment includes fruits & vegetables, meat, juices & beverages, and seafood. On the basis of end user category the market has been segmented into small & medium enterprises, large production plants, and groups.
Reasons To buy this report:
- To get a comprehensive overview of the high pressure processing equipment market
- To gain wide ranging information about the top players in this industry, their product portfolios and key strategies adopted by them
- To gain insights about the major countries/regions in which the high pressure processing equipment market is flourishing