“The IT asset disposition market is likely to grow at a CAGR of 9.83% during the forecast period”
The IT asset disposition market is expected to reach USD 20.09 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 9.83% during the forecast period. The growth of the market is driven by various factors such as the awareness among the people toward the harmful impact of e-waste generated, need for data security to protect confidential data, and the growing number of initiatives taken by various governments to implement effective IT asset disposition processes to safeguard the environment. However, the lack of awareness, high service costs, and lack of comprehensive IT asset disposition policies are the major restraints for the growth of the ITAD market.
“Media and entertainment industry would witness a high growth rate in terms of market size”
The market for the media and entertainment industry is expected to grow at a highest CAGR between 2016 and 2022. The media and entertainment industry has a high growth rate for remarketing and value recovery services. However, data destruction services hold a larger market size because of the nature of the industry where online and web penetration has increased the demand for more storage and server needs.
“Mobile devices asset type market is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
As the dependency on mobile technology has increased and the concept of BYOD is increasingly being adopted in the enterprise environment, the need for protecting sensitive data stored in devices is also growing. Thus, a third-party service provider is required to provide IT asset disposition services to mitigate the risks associated with mobile device security. The ITAD services which are majorly used for mobile devices are secure logistics, technology processing, data destruction, activation check, remarketing, recycling, and reporting.
Given below is the breakdown of the profile of the primary participants in terms of different parameters considered:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 18%, Tier 2 - 28%, and Tier 3 - 54%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives - 50%, Directors - 32%, and Others - 18%
- By Region: Americas - 64%, EMEA - 21%, and APAC - 15%
The key players operating in this market include Arrow Electronics, Inc. (U.S.), Sims Recycling Solutions (Australia), TBS Industries (U.S.), CloudBlue Technology, Inc. (U.S.), TES-AMM (Singapore) Pte Ltd, (Singapore), Dell (U.S.), LifeSpan International, Inc. (U.S.), Apto Solutions, Inc. (U.S.), Iron Mountain Incorporated (U.S.), Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (U.S.), ITRenew, Inc. (U.S.), and IBM (U.S.), among others.
In this report, various segments such as service, asset type, organization size, end user, and geography have been covered. It also discusses about the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges pertaining to the market. The report gives a detailed view of the market across five main regions: North America, Europe, APAC, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. The Porter’s five forces analysis has been included in the report, along with the description of each of its forces and their impact on the said market.
Reasons To Buy the Report:
- This report includes statistics pertaining to the IT asset disposition market on the basis of service, asset type, organization size, end user, and region.
- The Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, and key strategies adopted by the market players have been provided for the IT asset disposition market.
- Major drivers, restraints, opportunities and, challenges for the IT asset disposition market have been provided in detail in this report.
- The report includes illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for the IT asset disposition market based on its segments and subsegments.