Global Renewable Energy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global renewable energy market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global renewable energy market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key renewable energy market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global renewable energy market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global renewable energy market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global renewable energy market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the global renewable energy market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global renewable energy market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global renewable energy market?
The renewable energy market consists of the net generation of electricity through renewable sources. It is divided into five segments, these being hydroelectricity; wind energy; solar, tide and wave energy; electricity generated through biomass and waste; and geothermal energy. The volume of the market is calculated as the net volume of electricity produced through renewable means in terawatt hours (TWh), and the market value has been calculated according to an average of annual domestic and industrial retail prices per kWH, inclusive of applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2015 annual average exchange rates. Please note that 1 terawatt hour is identical to 1,000 gigawatt hours (GWh).
The global renewable energy market had total revenues of $602.2bn in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.9% between 2011 and 2015.
Market production volume increased with a CAGR of 5.8% between 2011 and 2015, to reach a total of 4,991.5 TWh in 2015.
Many major economies have targets for the reduction of carbon dioxide emissions, in order to combat climate change. Increasing the proportion of renewable energy in the power generation mix is one way of achieving these targets.