The chocolate category is predicted to see a compound annual growth rate of 5.41% in the UK between 2016 and 2020. This could be due to the increase in time-poor consumers wanting something that will allow them to have impulsive anchoring or rewarding moments. However, consumers seek different qualities in chocolate to satisfy these needs depending on gender or age. To compete in such a large category, companies must be clear who they want to target and what they want their consumers to achieve.
- When purchasing chocolates, premiumization and indulgence have the biggest influence on consumers, followed by anchoring. Aero Mousse aligns with these key considerations motivating consumers in chocolate consumption.
- Consumers have different motivations for snacking depending on gender. Often, brands targeting men offer a "fuller for longer" experience, with large, rich, and satiating products. In contrast, chocolate that targets women often focuses on "relaxation," using associations with melting in the mount or smooth texture.
- Use of experimental marketing combined with sampling can be a powerful way to leave a positive impression on consumers. Sampling events allow consumers to share the experience, and increase the chance of convincing skeptical shoppers.
"Success: Aero Mousse Chocolate Bar" is part of Canadean’s Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of Aero Mousse Chocolate Bar. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.