The Global Confectionery market in 2015 was valued at US$158.4 billion and is expected to post a value CAGR of3.6% during 2015-2020. Growth in the global market is expected to come mainly from the developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region followed by the North American region, while the Latin American market is expected to decline. In developed markets (such as the US, the UK and France), novelty is crucial and consumers look for exotic and different flavors, while in developing markets (such as Brazil, China and India) novel products as well as those with nostalgic flavors are popular. Furthermore, the global market is highly fragmented with the top 5 brands holding just 7.1% of the combined market share in 2015. Dairy Milk, Trident, Snickers, Milka and Ferrero Rocher are the leading brands with the highest market share in 2015.
- Robust growth from developing countries will drive global Confectionery market
- Healthy eating trend, shift towards e-commerce, cocoa sustainability and rising ingredient cost are the key challenges faced by the Confectionery industry
- In Asia-Pacific, China, India and Japan are the largest markets for Confectionery products in value terms
- Global Confectionery market is highly fragmented with the top five brands accounting for 7.1% of the combined market share
- The Sugar Confectionery category has the highest market share for private label products in the global Confectionery market
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the global Confectionery market
- Flexible Packaging is the commonly used packaging material in the global Confectionery market
Canadean’s Global report on the Confectionery market provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- More extensive brand coverage: The report provides more extensive brand share coverage. Brand share data is also validated by inputs from industry experts.
- Distribution channel: The Distribution data included in the report covers 11 distribution channels including Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Health and Beauty Stores, Department Stores, Cash and Carries and Warehouse Clubs, “Dollar Stores” and Variety Stores and General Merchandise Retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal, and others; container data for: Film, Bag/Sachet, Wrapper, and others
- Country Analysis: Trend analysis for leading high potential countries
- Recommendations for manufacturers on key Confectionery categories - Chocolate, Gum and Sugar Confectionery on parameters including Formulation, Positioning, Packaging, Occasion, Consumer Targets, and Key Segments
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Confectionery products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market with Case Examples/Success Stories
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion