India is among the largest manufacturers of bicycles in the world. Rising from government initiatives, increasing health consciousness among all age groups, and booming demand for kids bicycles propelled growth in India bicycle market during 2011-2015. Various state governments are focusing on the launch of bicycle distribution programs for school children and is anticipated to emerge as one of the major factors propelling demand for bicycles in the country in the coming years. Additionally, rising number of cycling events and emergence of cycling clubs is projected to augment demand for geared and sports bicycles across the country in the coming years. Consequently, various international bicycle manufacturers such as Bianchi, Giant, Cannondale, Mongoose, etc., have entered India bicycle market through their collaboration with Indian companies.
According to the TechSci Research report, “India Bicycle Market By Type, By Geared Vs Gearless, By Rim Size, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011 - 2021’’, bicycle market in India is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 11% during 2016-2021, on account of rising population base in the country. Roadster bicycle segment dominated India bicycle market in 2015, and the segment is anticipated to continue dominating the market through 2021. Growing demand for roadster bicycles in India can be attributed to implementation of bicycle distribution programs by various state governments and expanding rural population base. Few of the leading players operating in India bicycle market include Hero, TI Cycles, Atlas and Avon, among others. “India Bicycle Market By Type, By Geared Vs Gearless, By Rim Size, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011 - 2021” report elaborates following aspects of bicycle market expansion in India:
- India Bicycle Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – By Type (Roadster, Sports and Kids), By Geared Vs Gearless, By Rim Size (26 Inch, 20 Inch, 28 Inch, 24 Inch, 18 Inch, 16 Inch, 29 Inch, 14 Inch, 12 Inch, 27.5 Inch and Others)
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Competitive Landscape and Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report
- To gain an in-depth understanding of bicycle market of India
- To identify the on-going trends and segment wise anticipated growth in the coming years
- To help industry consultants, bicycle manufacturers and other stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decision and add weight to presentations and marketing materials.
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs
The information contained in this report is based on both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with bicycle manufacturers, distributors, retailers and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.