“The global TV white Space (TVWS) spectrum market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 74.30% during the forecast period.”
The TVWS spectrum market is expected to be valued at USD 53.1 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 74.30% between 2016 and 2022. The major factors contributing to the growth of this market include increasing adoption of the TVWS technology for improving the rural broadband connectivity. The TVWS technology proved to be a cost-effective means to serve remote areas with rural broadband. In line with this, many trials and deployments are being carried out in the developed as well as developing countries. However, the limited standards and regulations for the adoption of the TVWS technology may hinder the growth of the market. For instance, the IEEE 802.22 standard for the white space broadcasting is still under development.
“The market for emergency and public safety is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.”
The global TVWS spectrum market for emergency and public safety is expected to grow at the highest rate between 2016 and 2022. The major factors contributing to this market growth include growing momentum to adopt a communication network worldwide by the emergency response and public safety organizations such as fire department, police force, and emergency medical teams responding to accidents, crimes, and natural disasters, among other events. There are several technologies for deploying emergency and public safety networks such as Wi-Fi, WiMAX, and TErrestrial Trunked RAdio (TETRA). However, the air interface operating in TVWS offers a fundamental advantage compared to the GHz spectrum due to the wider coverage range provided by the UHF/VHF wavelengths.
“Africa to be the fastest-growing market for TVWS spectrum during the forecast period.”
North America held the largest size of the global TVWS spectrum market in 2015. The market in RoW (Africa and South America) is expected to grow at the highest rate between 2016 and 2022. The factors contributing to the market growth include the widespread testing of the TVWS technology in several areas to provide broadband Internet connectivity to non-line-of-sight places. For instance, the TVWS technology is widely being tested in African countries such as Mozambique, Namibia, Ghana, South Africa, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya, and Botswana. The major aim of these trials is to provide broadband Internet connectivity to the areas not connected due to the lack of proper infrastructure. In addition, the TVWS technology also helps in providing emergency public safety operations.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with key people in the market. The break-up of the profiles of primary participants has been given below.
- By Company Type: Tier 1% – 25%, Tier 2% – 35%, and Tier 3% – 40%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives – 35%, Directors – 25%, Others – 40%
- By Region: North America – 50%, Europe – 25%, APAC – 12%, RoW – 13%
The prominent players profiled in this report are:
1. Aviacomm Inc. (U.S.),
2. Adaptrum, Inc. (U.S.),
3. ATDI S.A. (France),
4. Carlson Wireless Technologies, Inc. (U.S.),
5. Alphabet Inc. (U.S.),
6. Key Bridge LLC (U.S.),
7. KTS Wireless (U.S.),
8. Microsoft Corp. (U.S.),
9. MELD Technology Inc. (U.S.),
10. Metric Systems Corp. (U.S.),
11. Spectrum Bridge Inc. (U.S.),
12. Shared Spectrum Co. (U.S.),
13. Telcordia Technologies, Inc. (iconectiv) (U.S.)
The global TVWS spectrum market has been categorized on the basis of end-user application, device, range, component, software and service, and geography. The market, on the basis of end-use application, has been segmented into rural Internet access, urban connectivity, emergency and public safety, smart grid networks, transportation and logistics, vehicle broadband access, and IoT and M2M, among others. On the basis of device, the market has been segmented into fixed and portable white space devices. Similarly, on the basis of component, the market has been segmented into radios, antennas, cables, power supplies, and backhaul and services.
The report would help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways.
- This report segments the TVWS spectrum market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenues for the overall market segments and subsegments across different verticals and regions.
- The report would help stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provide them information on the key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report would help stakeholders to understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the market. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions.