Excerpts from study:
- The manufacturing industry is embracing Internet of Things (IoT) services. The number of respondents with internal deployments are ahead of those watching and learning. Deployment of next gen solutions is the third largest phase of deployment in this industry, making manufacturing one of the leaders in IoT implementation.
- Security risks and managing data protection & privacy requirements are the main restraints to deploying IoT. The drivers for investment in IoT include the ability to optimize field or on-site operations, boost customer services, and automate manual processes.
- In general, dealing with security threats, automating and streamlining business purposes, and ensuring network stability/reliability are top IT challenges.
- Migrating to the cloud, automating and streamlining processes, and shadow IT are the challenges that are more important to tackle for CIOs than CEOs.
- Over the next few years, companies will invest in IT solutions that help them to gain a competitive advantage, improve sales and marketing effectiveness, and expand to new markets.
- Companies with stronger revenue growth find great value in IT solutions that improve productivity and collaboration as well as help to attract and retain a workforce.
- Cybersecurity, infrastructure and data centers, and ERP rank as the top technologies invested in today. There will be a lot of investment in enterprise mobility management and IoT over the next few years.
- Top technologies to impact revenues include eCommerce/mCommerce and big data and analytics tools.