This study is derived from a survey of IT decision makers around the world across multiple industries. It provides insightful information on what drives investment in IT solutions, the IT-related challenges that organizations face today, and most importantly, plans for IT budgets. Technologies covered include Enterprise Mobility Management, Social Media Management & Marketing Tools, eCommerce/mCommerce, Unified Communications & Collaboration, Infrastructure and Data Centers, Big Data and Analytics, Digital Marketing, Customer Experience Management, Cybersecurity, Internet of Things (M2M), ERP/Supply Chain Management/HR Management. There is section on Internet of Things that explores drivers, challenges, and different phases of implementation. End user companies will be able to benchmark themselves with regard to IT investments while IT companies will learn how to gain a competitive advantage over the next few years.
excerpts from study:
- The agriculture and mining industries are embracing digital transformation. This industry is the only one we covered in this study that has a higher percentage of live Internet of Things (IoT) services with customers, distributors, and suppliers than the percent that are watching and learning.
- Security risks and managing data protection & privacy requirements are the main restraints to deploying IoT. The drivers for investment in IoT include the ability to optimize field or on-site operations, automate manual processes, and improve employee safety.
- In general, dealing with security threats, ensuring network stability/reliability, and automating and streamlining business purposes are top IT challenges in the agriculture and mining industries.
- CEOs are much more concerned about automating and streamlining processes while CIOS are more focused on dealing with security threats.
- Over the next few years, companies will invest in IT solutions that help them to expand to new markets and regions, gain a competitive advantage, and improve collaboration.