excerpts from study:
- The agriculture and mining industries are embracing digital transformation. This industry is the only one we covered in this study that has a higher percentage of live Internet of Things (IoT) services with customers, distributors, and suppliers than the percent that are watching and learning.
- Security risks and managing data protection & privacy requirements are the main restraints to deploying IoT. The drivers for investment in IoT include the ability to optimize field or on-site operations, automate manual processes, and improve employee safety.
- In general, dealing with security threats, ensuring network stability/reliability, and automating and streamlining business purposes are top IT challenges in the agriculture and mining industries.
- CEOs are much more concerned about automating and streamlining processes while CIOS are more focused on dealing with security threats.
- Over the next few years, companies will invest in IT solutions that help them to expand to new markets and regions, gain a competitive advantage, and improve collaboration.