The Composites Market 2012-2022: Glass Fibre, Carbon Fibre & Aramid Fibre
Published: Jul 2012 - Pages: 152 - Report code: ASDR-30171
Composites are becoming increasingly important in many different industries. The need to save energy is fuelling the increase of composites in aerospace sector, and in the automotive sector. The necessity to diversify away from traditional sources of energy is increasing demand for wind energy, another sector important for composites demand. Composites are also sought after in sectors dealing with corrosion and construction, as they are strong, resistant to damage and easy to install. The composites market has bright prospects ahead and as a consequence, this new study has determined that the value of the global composites market in 2012 will reach $62.6bn.
Glass fibre composites are the most popular due to their cheap price and ease of manufacturing, and will remain as the largest submarket (both in volume and value) of composites throughout the forecast period. Carbon fibre composites are expensive, but favoured in demanding applications such as the aerospace and automotive industries. Strong growth prospects are forecasted as increased energy prices push manufacturers to save costs through using innovative materials. Aramid fibre composites are in demand in security and high-vibration applications, and it is predicted that new uses for aramid fibre will be developed over the forecast period. Other fibre composites and hybrids are forecasted to grow strongly, as sophisticated and purpose-built composites will become necessary for new applications.
In the North American, European and other developed markets around the world composites are becoming more complex, and increasingly high-value. While the current economic conditions are reducing investment in many industries, composites sales are expected to remain robust, and increase considerably once economic conditions improve. Emerging and developing markets in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and South America have a robust demand for composites as well. Many industries in these countries are taking their first forays into using composites - as a consequence the composites demand in these regions is forecasted to be high. Over the long term as the industries in these regions develop and require more sophisticated composites, the global composites demand is forecasted to accelerate.
The report contains 115 tables, charts and graphs that add visual analysis in order to explain developing trends within the composites market. Visiongain provides forecasts for the period 2012-2022 in terms of value (US$) for the global composites market, as well as for 4 submarkets of the composites market (glass fibre composites, carbon fibre composites, aramid fibre composites, other fibre / hybrid composites). In addition, 17 leading national composites markets are forecast and analysed over the period 2012-2022. The report also provides profiles of 17 leading companies operating within the market, and includes 3 exclusive interviews with principal composites companies, providing expert insight alongside the analysis.
Unique Points of this Study
- Comprehensive analysis of the prospects for the composites market from 2012-2022.
- Analysis and forecasting informed by extensive expert consultation with industry leaders. You will be able to read full transcripts of interviews from 3 leading companies involved within the composites market.
- 115 tables, charts and graphs that quantify, analyse and forecast the changing dynamics of the composites market between 2012-2022.
- Forecasts and analysis for the global composites market between 2012-2022
- Forecasts and analysis for 4 composites submarkets by fibre type from 2012-2022.
- Forecasts and analysis for 17 leading national composites markets, as well as rest of the world figures and projections for the period 2012-2022
- Analysis of the forces that influence and characterise the composites market
- Profiles of 17 leading companies operating within the composites market.
This report has been compiled by combining information obtained from a very wide and rich mixture of primary and secondary research sources, producing a broad industry overview. Our analysts sought opinions from leading figures in the composites market to underpin the analysis of market drivers and restraints. The study draws on a diverse range of official corporate and governmental announcements, media reports, policy documents, industry statements and expert opinion as a basis for discussing and predicting developments in the composites market between 2012 and 2022. Our research team considers that this methodology results in an accurate, objective mixture of analyses and forecasts.
Why you should buy The Composites Market 2012-2022: Glass Fibre, Carbon Fibre & Aramid Fibre
- You will gain an understanding of the composites market and learn how it will evolve over the next decade, with detailed global sales forecasts from 2012 to 2022.
- You will receive national sales forecasts for the 17 largest composites markets for 2012-2022, and gain insight into the specific market drivers and restraints in each national market.
- South Korea
- The forecasts and analysis are underpinned by extensive expert consultation. Transcripts of three original interviews are included within the report with expert insight from:
- 3A Composites, sandwich composites materials producer,
- DSM composite Resins; manufacturer and developer of resins for composites,
- A composite reinforcement manufacturer,
- You will be able to study 116 tables, charts and graphs quantifying the composites market in detail over the period 2012-2022.
- You will gain knowledge of who the leading players are within the composites marketplace.
- You will receive a SWOT analysis for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to the composites market from 2012 onwards.
- You will be able to understand the future prospects for different composites and the market prospects in different world regions
What is the structure of the report?
- Chapter 1 is an executive summary
- Chapter 2 introduces composites markets. It discusses what composites are, what the differences between different types of matrices and fibres are, and in what kind of applications the different kinds of composites are used.
- Chapter 3 introduces the global market for composites and analyses geographical trends in the global composites markets.
- Chapter 4 analyses and forecasts the growth of the composites submarkets by fibre type - glass fibre composites, carbon fibre composites, aramid fibre composites and other fibre / hybrid composites markets.
- Chapter 5 discusses and forecasts the growth of the 17 leading national markets in the global composites industry.
- Chapter 6 identifies and examines the major issues affecting composites markets. The chapter includes a SWOT analysis of the composites markets, discussing the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in the composites markets. The chapter explains the impact of phenomena such as increased energy prices, recycling initiatives and renewable energy demand.
- Chapter 7 includes three full transcripts of exclusive visiongain interviews with leading companies in the global composites industry. This interview includes insight into the key developments and market growth potential of composites.
- Chapter 8 identifies and discusses the leading companies in the composites market and provides key information on these companies.
- Chapter 9 is a summary of the report, highlighting central conclusions and data from visiongain's research and analysis.
- Chapter 10 provides a glossary for the reader.
You can order this report today
Anybody with an interest in the composites market should gain valuable information and insight from this new study, which analyses one of the most exciting markets in the composites market. Aerospace, defence, automotive, oil and gas, and wind energy sectors offer substantial business and investment opportunities for composites producers in several key regional markets.
The Composites Market 2012-2022: Glass Fibre, Carbon Fibre & Aramid Fibre report will be valuable both to those already involved in the composites market and those wishing to enter the market in the future. Gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market by ordering The Composites Market 2012-2022: Glass Fibre, Carbon Fibre & Aramid Fibre
Related Press Release(s)
Purchase this Report
Global Market Research
Global Market Research
- Aerospace & Defense
- Aviation & Aerospace
- Aerospace Parts & Materials
- Defense & Security
- Military Unmanned Systems
- Personal Armor & Protection