The global cardiac marker testing market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 8.8% from 2016 to 2021 to reach USD 3.50 billion by 2021. Factors such as growing incidences of cardiovascular diseases, the rapidly increasing geriatric population, growing funding from public–private organizations for research on cardiac biomarkers, and ongoing clinical trials for the identification of novel cardiac biomarkers are fueling the growth of the cardiac marker testing market. On the other hand, technical problems related to sample collection and storage and issues related to regulatory and reimbursement systems are the key factors limiting the growth of the global cardiac marker testing market.
Based on the type, the troponin I and T type segment is expected to account for the largest share of the global cardiac marker testing market in 2016. The high sensitivity and specificity of troponin I and T in early detection of cardiovascular diseases is stimulating the growth of this type segment. In addition, the long elevation times and rapid prediction of outcomes is also driving the growth of this market.
Geographically, North America commands the largest share of the global cardiac marker testing market in 2016, followed by Europe. The cardiac marker testing market in North America is primarily driven by the increasing incidence of cardiovascular diseases, growing public-private investments, NIH support towards the development of novel cardiac biomarkers, and rising geriatric population.
The global cardiac marker testing market is highly competitive, with a large number of global and local players. As of 2016, the global cardiac marker testing market was dominated by Roche Diagnostics Limited (a subsidiary of F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd.) (Switzerland), Abbott Laboratories (U.S.), Siemens AG (Germany), Danaher Corporation (U.S.), bioM?rieux SA (France), and Alere Inc. (U.S.). Product launches, approvals, and showcases and partnerships and agreements were the major strategies adopted by market players to achieve growth in the cardiac marker testing market.
This report studies the cardiac marker testing market based on type, product, disease, and usability. The report also studies factors (such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges) affecting market growth. It analyzes opportunities and challenges in the market for stakeholders and provides details of the competitive landscape for market leaders. Furthermore, the report analyzes micromarkets with respect to their individual growth trends, future prospects, and contributions to the total market. The report forecasts the revenue of the market segments with respect to four main regions
Reasons To Buy the Report:
From an insights perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis?industry trends, market share analysis of top ten players, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the cardiac marker testing market, and high-growth regions and countries and their respective drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms in garnering greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios and services offered by the major players in the cardiac marker testing market. The report analyzes the cardiac marker testing market based on type, product, disease, and region
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the cardiac marker testing market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various cardiac marker testing systems across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products and services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the cardiac marker testing market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products and services, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the cardiac marker testing market