As consumers have switched to healthier and more varied beverages, carbonates consumption in general, and cola in particular, has been eroded by the steady expansion in alternative soft drinks, from iced/RTD tea and coffee drinks to packaged water, sport drinks and energy drinks. However, industry investments in healthier alternatives in the form of lower calorie products have so far met with little success. Indeed, diet soft drinks have been declining more quickly than regular for several years now and we expect that trend will continue to identify more palatable sweetener combinations than the current offerings. Flavored milk is likely to record growth, following a global trend, while fermented milk and soymilk are anticipated to grow due to their healthy credentials.
- Enhanced water products, which contribute to promoting a healthy lifestyle, will attract more young consumers.
- An increase in SKUs with smaller serving sizes in carton packaging is one of the key reasons for the growth of juice category.
- The nectars category is expected to continue to grow, driven by its perception among consumers as a functional, nutritious and natural category.
Canadean’s Global Beverage Forecasts covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks provides a comprehensive analysis of consumption trends in Global, covering:
- 2001-2015 topline consumption data for 31 beverage categories, with forecasts to 2021 measured in both million liters and liters per capita for 82 markets
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the beverage trends and forecast assumptions for53 markets
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate the very latest beverage category forecast projections to 2021to enhance your understanding of consumption patterns and evolving trends in the global beverage industry
- Identify the current and emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the global beverage market to assess the likely impact on your company’s performance
- Interrogate the data to understand both the historic and likely future performance of the beverage industry by country and category to support your long-term strategic planning