Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) enables the edge of the network to run in an isolated environment from the rest of the network and creates access to local resources and data. It is the part of edge computing and is highly applicable to many scenarios including M2M, network security, Big Data Analytics, and many business-specific applications. MEC brings virtualized applications much closer to mobile users ensuring network flexibility, economy and scalability for improved user experience.
This research evaluates MEC technology, architecture and building clocks, ecosystem, market drivers, applications, solutions, and deployment challenges. The report also analyzes MEC industry initiatives, leading companies, and solutions. The report includes a market assessment and forecast for MEC users and MEC revenue globally, regionally, and within the enterprise market for years 2016 to 2021.
Forecasts include MEC infrastructure (equipment, platforms, software, APIs, and services). All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- MEC represents an over $80B market opportunity by 2021
- MEC will enable new data-focused carrier revenue streams
- MEC enables many new cloud-based apps to leverage real-time data
- MEC will be a key component to the success of 5G for new applications
- MEC forecasts 2016 – 2021
- Understand MEC technology
- Understand the MEC ecosystem
- Identify MEC market opportunities
- Learn how MEC will impact industry verticals
- Identify significant MEC players and offerings
- Recognize the potential for MEC in enterprise
- Mobile Network Operators
- API management companies
- SDN and virtualization vendors
- Telecom managed service providers
- Wireless/mobile infrastructure providers
- Software, Application, and Content Providers
- RAN, Cloud Computing, and MEC R&D organizations
- Cloud and Cloudlet infrastructure and service providers