Airlines in Global industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value, volume and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the airlines industry in Global
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the airlines industry in Global
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key airlines market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global airlines market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global airlines market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the Global airlines market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the Global airlines market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global airlines market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in the market?
- The airlines industry comprises passenger air transportation, including both scheduled and chartered, but excludes air freight transport. Industry volumes are defined as the total number of revenue passengers carried/enplaned (departures) at all airports within the specified country or region, excluding transit passengers who arrive and depart on the same flight code. For the US and Canada, transborder passengers departing from either country are considered as part of the international segment. Industry value is defined as the total revenue obtained by airlines from transporting these passengers. This avoids the double-counting of passengers. All currency conversions in this profile were carried out using constant 2015 average annual exchange rates.
- The global airlines industry had total revenues of $583,319.1m in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.3% between 2011 and 2015.
- Industry volume increased with a CAGR of 5.2% between 2011-2015, to reach a total of 3,313.8 million passengers in 2015.