Video surveillance, smart transportation systems, safe cities, autonomous driverless vehicles, UAVs, body police cameras, smart retail video systems and social media video streams are only some of the video feeds that users are exploiting to boost their performance. Video surveillance and video analytics are creating a closed and connected world, and will become increasingly powerful tools.
The "Video Analytics, VCA, ISR & Intelligent Video Surveillance Market – 2017-2022" report forecasts that this industry’s revenues* will grow at a 2015-2022 CAGR of 18.2%.
The rapid video analytics market growth is driven by the following factors:
- The fast proliferation of video cameras
- Technology maturity: video analytics algorithms, processors, applications and products underwent a decade of technological evolution to intelligent video processing, based on advancements in image processing, enabling automatic and semi-automatic detection and identification of signatures
- The 2015-2016 terror inflicted on Europe and MEA
- The election of Donald Trump as U.S. president, promising throughout his campaign a tough fight against Islamist extremism terror at home and abroad and to invest in law and order (e.g., “I am the law-and-order candidate”), will boost the federal U.S. Video Surveillance-related legislation and budgets.
- Safe City projects
- Price reduction of video analytic systems, driven by the falling prices of image processing DSPs and communication systems
- Improved cost-performance of new edge-based video analytic DSP technologies (e.g., Intel, Bosch & Texas Instruments VA DSPs)
- The rapidly growing “Internet of Things” applications drive the “Video Imaging of Everything” proliferation
- HD video cameras cost-performance follows Moore’s law
- High cost of human operators & high rate of overlooked events
The Video surveillance market report examines each dollar spent in the video analytics market via 4 orthogonal money trails: regional markets, vertical sectors, national markets, and revenue sources. The video analytics market report is granulated into 167 submarkets.