The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The existing economic environment is unfavorable for the mining industry, and customer confidence levels will remain constant in August 2016-January 2016. Companies are slightly optimistic about economic conditions in Europe and the Rest of World due to strong domestic dynamics, encouraging monetary policies, and stabilization in economies within the MENA region that were worst hit by falling oil prices in the last two years. The mining industry is expected to record higher expenditure towards new product development and research and analysis in August 2016-January 2016, compared to January-June 2016. Moreover, executives with business operations in the Rest of the World region expect an increase in machinery and equipment prices in August 2016-January 2016, compared to January-June 2016.
- Overall, 19% of survey respondents highlight the current economic environment as stable. Additionally, 17% of mining industry executives indicate a favorable or very favorable economic state
- Executives who operate in Europe and the Rest of the World have a more favorable opinion about their regions
- Overall, 61% and 32% of industry executives indicate a positive opinion about company and industry growth, respectively, during the next six months
- Over the next six months, 11% of survey respondents anticipate that the supplier prices of raw materials will increase by up to 6%. Executives operating in Europe project the highest growth in raw material prices, followed by those operating in North America, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World
- Executives operating in Asia-Pacific are less concerned about rising new competition during Aug 2016-Jan 2017, compared to Jan-Jun 2016
Kable’s Mining Industry Business Confidence Report examines executives’ opinion about the business environment over August 2016-January 2017. It also highlights existing economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth outlook, spending patterns, and key priorities. Additionally, the report provides information categorized by region and presents a comparison with January-June 2016 wherever applicable.
What else does this report offer?
- Current state of the global economy: examines prevailing economic conditions globally and across various regions
- Company and industry growth outlook: provides industry executives’ expectations towards the growth prospects of their company and the industry over the next six months
- Change in customer confidence: analyzes mining industry executives’ opinion about the change in customer confidence during Aug 2016-Jan 2017
- Supplier prices projection: determines expected change in supplier prices across various categories and their impact on business confidence
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance: tracks expected change in staff headcount and sales for Aug 2016-Jan 2017 among industry executives globally
- Significant investment activities: highlights various areas in which industry executives intend to invest over the next six months
- Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for Aug 2016-Jan 2017
- Key priorities: identifies the top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
Reasons To Buy
- Helps organizations to make effective business strategy decisions by knowing the prevailing business conditions and sentiment within the mining industry
- Organizations will be supported in business expansion decisions by providing information about projected change in sales performance and supplier prices
- Helps to improve operational efficiency of the organization by knowing about key priorities and the main concerns of mining industry executives
- Helps to alter investment allocation by understanding key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during Aug 2016-Jan 2017