“Microgrid” is the new buzzword amidst the rise of distributed energy resources and battery energy storage systems. Significant price declines in both distributed renewable power and battery technologies, coupled with more technological advancements in control and energy management systems, have created a vision of reliable, efficient, renewable, and "islandable" grid networks embedded with advanced smart grid technologies. To provide an understanding of the nuances of the global market, this study will provide clarity on market drivers for different applications and geographic markets; policies governing microgrid orientation and interaction with the central grid and bordering microgrids; and multiple business models relating to the unique regulatory, economic, topographical, social, and technological environments in which they are developed.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- How big is the global microgrid market? At what rate is it expected to grow?
- Which regions and countries are hotspots for microgrid growth? What policies and regulations are driving this growth?
- How are microgrids segmented? Which segment will present the best growth opportunities in the next 7 years?
- How will the market structure and business model change over the next 7 years?
- What does the competitive structure look like? Are Tier I integrated participants emerging?
- What are the various costs, revenues, and tariffs associated with microgrids?