The Greek beer market continued to be affected by the mounting pressure on political and economic uncertainty. During the first half of the year beer faced heavy losses, especially at the end of June and early July. From then on, the situation was reversed and the market gradually recovered. However, the volume losses could not be fully retrieved. Category losses were, however, mitigated due to the favorable weather conditions with above average temperatures, as well as the remarkable growth of tourism. Beer is anticipated to continue to gain share within alcoholic beverages, by the increasing consumer trend towards a healthier lifestyle, with consumers reducing their overall consumption of alcohol and switching from spirits to lighter drinking alternatives.
- Tough and challenging socio-economic and political scenarios hurt beer consumption volumes.
- Tourism helped boost consumption, however growth was challenging to achieve.
- Greek brands accounted for an increased market share of close to 49%, displaying a growth of nearly 6%.
- The premium segment lost its volume at a rate of just over 7% as consumers were seeking more affordable beers.
Canadean’s Greece Beer Market Insights 2016 Report provides a complete overview of the Greece beer industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook.
Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2015 actual detailed beer consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- 2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
- Details of key beer new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the beer market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the beer market
- Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Greece beer industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Greece beer market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Analyse domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyse the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new PowerPoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Greece beer market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects