As society grows to become increasingly individualistic, consumers are actively seeking out products that meet their specific gender needs, be those physiological or cultural. Naturally, this trend is prominent in personal care; however, as unnecessarily gendered products and controversial pricing headlines have hit the media, the trend’s prominence is quickly expanding across food, beverages, and other categories.
- Consumers are most likely to seek gender-specific products in the dairy category among all of the food categories.
- Increased blurring of gender roles is making it more difficult for brands to successfully target the trend.
- Using growing knowledge of nutritional needs aligned to each gender means targeting physiological needs becomes easier and more specific.
"TrendSights Analysis: Gender Specificity" explores how and why targeting genders can prove a profitable strategy. Your key questions answered:
- How relevant is Gender Specificity to my market?
- What does Gender Specificity mean to my category?
- Which consumers are most concerned about Gender Specificity?
- How can I capture the interest of gender-focused consumers on overcrowded shelves?
Reasons To Buy
- Understand which audiences are most affected by the Gender Specificity trend.
- Compare the presence of this trend in each industry across the FMCG space, and learn what the key opportunities are.
- See the actions that major brands are taking to get ahead of the greater interest in gender-specific targeting.